Monday, January 12, 2009

View From The Stage #1

Played the acoustic night at Niks Place last night. I've been doing this since sometime in November or December, every other Sunday night. I liken Nik's Place to the Star Wars Cantina, not just in the way that people are freaks but in the way a man can lose an arm for saying the wrong thing. Freaky Scary Fun To Watch.

Observations for the evening:
1. No, not EVERYONE knows Allman Brothers Songs. No, YOU come on man.

2. Yes, "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" is the greatest song in the world, but no, that doesn't mean I know it.

3. "...play some shit that everybody knows!" equals FREEBIRD, every time. EVERY time. Oh, laugh and then say it again? FREEBIRD AGAIN. Everybody Wins.

4. Just because I'm in the middle of a song - in the middle of a verse, oh please, come up and start asking me questions. I'm not doing anything. Honestly, I'm just kind of rehearsing. I'm not really in the middle of a song. I'll be happy to stop and have a conversation with you Bud Light.

5. If you DO NOT KNOW the words to MORE THAN WORDS, do not get up and try to sing it. That's irony right there - not knowing the words to MORE than words.

Kudos to the Drunk Ass Skank of the Week: Tracy I believe was her name. It was hard to understand the Oxycontin-Budweiser slur. But trust me, if a girl keeps returning to request the same song over and over, it's not because she's a fan. It's because she's lit like a flare and forgot that she'd already made the request.

Public Service Announcement Number One: Just because there's a mic in the room, it does not mean you should run up, grab it and sing. Especially if I am already using the goddamn thing. You twit. Get off my stage. I'm a star. You are not. You are Greedo. (ps watch your ass, Han Solo shoots first)

It was a good night, all in all. I made good money in tips, I got free food and booze, I made it home in one piece, and I rocked the place until they needed to change their depends.

I'll update you as events become clearer.

1 comment:

Ranter said...

Whatdya mean ya don't know Freebird LOL?

And Tracy can't remember your name so how the heck can you remember hers? LMAO

Don C
Mp3Allies.com