Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hey hey I'm a drummer too.

What a great week or so. The music bug is fully back, and I'm working on another song. This one's going to be a keeper instead of just a "let's go through the motions" track.

Of course, the challenge NOW would be, getting the recording UP to "keeper" status. I've discovered, when I screw around and just throw stuff down to get it recorded, I really like THOSE performances better than the ones where i'm trying to really get a finished thing nailed down. Just like anything else - when it's the real deal, you freeze up a little more. It's typical.

But the cool thing is that I can record and record all I want at my home studio, and just goof off and eventually pick the better pieces and go with that. It's fun. I'm still discovering how to use the mic and all the new doodads to their full potential. Not a big thing.

I'm just glad to be back at this stuff. I have a lot of fun when I'm doing this crap. I just don't seem to have the energy I had like 4 years ago. Maybe I'm old. Or maybe I'm lazy. Or maybe I'm old and lazy.

I'm betting it's the latter.

No comments: